Thursday, June 4, 2015

Color Create with Tiffany Toldson

Hey! It's me againTiffany Toldson, here with another fun card. 

I used this My Bestie image, which I thought screamed Happy Spring. 

I used one of my go to skin tones... E000/00/11/21/04
Though E04 is a low number it's darker then the E11/21 so I used this color to add depth and richness in her skin tone. 

After looking through my paper I decided to go with the color scheme from my June Simon Say's Stamp card kit. I wanted to do a Mix Media style card base so I only use the turquoise paper from the kit which is from Doodlebug Design 6x6 paper pack. 

Copic Love!!!

The process for the base of my card... I took Tim Holtz, Twisted Citron, Mermaid Lagoon, Abandoned Coral, Picked Raspberry and Peacock Feathers distress inks and  wiped each one across the smooth side of my acrylic stamping block, then I sprayed some water over the top. Once I liked the way the colors were mixed I layed it on some white water color paper. It was quite wet so I took a kitchen roll and blotted the extra. At first I only chose 3 colors but I didn't like the way it turned out so I added two more. 

This is what it looked like once it was blotted dry. I then cut around the wavy border and inked it with Vintage Photo distress ink. 

I added two Prima paper flowers along with a Sentiment from Sweet Wishes stamp set by Penny Black that also came in my Simon Say's Stamp June's kit. 



Copics
 Skin: E000/00/11/21/04
Hair: W7/5/3
Lips and Cheeks: R20/22
Clothes: BG75/49/45/000
YG25/11/09/03
YR:07/04/02
RV:66/55/19
G:99/94/40
Y:18/00

Extra
Tim Holtz distress inks
Sweet Wishes stamp by Penny Black


Thanks for joining me today. Please contact me if you have any questions. 

1 comment:

  1. Luv the colours great image and fab background
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete